Mike “Iron Fist” Doherty
Owner/Lead Instructor at Nomad Striking Academy
– 2020 to present
Former Owner/Lead Instructor of Dohjo Muay Thai & Fitness
- 18 years of martial arts experience. 45+ Amateur Bouts in K1, Muay Thai, Kickboxing and MMA. 1-0 as a professional.
- Ranked #1 in Ontario and #8 in WBC as a Professional.
- Traveled, Trained and Competed in Thailand.
- 2010 WKA Canadian 165 lbs National Kickboxing Champion
- 2011 CASK Canadian 155lbs National K1 Champion
- 2015 First MTO Open Class bout in history
- 2015 WKF Canadian 165lbs National K1 Champion
- 2015 WKF Canadian 165lbs National Muay Thai Champion
- 2017 Destiny Muay Thai 165lbs International Champion
- 2019 WAKO Canadian 165lbs National K1 Champion
- 2019 IKF World Kickboxing 160lbs Champion
- 2022 Legacy Kickboxing 165lbs K1 Champion
- 3X Team Canada K1 World Athlete
- 2022 World Games Competitor
- 2023 Road to One Tournament Athlete
- Certified Kru of Muay Thai. First official Kru of Muay Thai in the Kawartha Lakes area.
- Level 2 Kickboxing Coach
- Functional Patterns Human Foundations Practitioner
- 2020 Winter Games Youth Coach
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentor
- Coached 1000’s of athletes in the Kawartha Lakes area.
- Produced and Coached Provincial and National Champions from youth to adult.